Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Micah!

Today, my Micah Moo turned four. I just don't know where time was gone. In my head, he is still a blue-eyed, cotton-topped, double-cowlick-hair-sticking-up-everywhere baby. Yet sometime in the last year, we finally found a haircut that works with his crazy hair, his hair has gotten considerably darker, and his eyes are more greenish-gray than blue. He's growing up on me.

In fact, he grew so much overnight, that he woke up this morning much faster, stronger, and cooler than he was yesterday when he was three. When he said that first thing this morning, Bret and I got a good laugh. But the best part was that he kept saying it all day, to every single person he talked to. Here's his serious see-how-fast-I-am face. :)

The big thing that Micah kept asking for his birthday was to go to Chuck E. Cheese. We don't have a Chuck E Cheese right here near us. When we do get to do a fun pizza place (usually at someone else's birthday party), it's at the Peter Piper Pizza here in town. So going all the way into Fort Worth to Chuck E. Cheese was a huge treat.

We did all the normal Chuck E. Cheese stuff...

It took me a few minutes to figure out why Conner has a third hand here...apparently it's Micah's hand in the picture, not an actual fifth appendage sprouting because of the radioactive -- I mean delicious Chuck E. Cheese -- pizza!Yes, that's a leash you see on Joey. Survival, people, it's survival -- when the Wellsbrothers outnumber us at a crazy place like Chuck E. Cheese, drastic measures are in order. At least we're keeping up with him! Gotta love Micah's smile at the airhockey table!Yes, you see Joey trying to make a break for it during the few seconds that I stood up to take a picture. I'm telling you, the leash is necessary -- if for no other reason, his dragging the little monkey's tail makes him easier to catch! :)More Spiderman cookies...What trip to Chuck E. Cheese is complete without a few tears over a bumped headand a full-fledged almost-two-year-on-a-leash temper tantrum?!And the prizes they chose for all their hard work? A blow-up frisbee, two pieces of candy, a crazy straw, and a sucker. Good grief.But I'm happy to say that we survived!Micah Moo, it's been a joy to watch you grow into the really strong, really fast, really cool, big four-year-old you are today. I love you more than you know, and I can't wait to watch you grow some more!
post signature

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I gotta say, I never really got why those "leashes" were necessary until Joey showed his true colors... I totally get it now!

Bonnie said...

tears in this BooBoo's eyes...
What a joy!
Glad the Moo got what he wanted and was able to stretch that birthday out over almost a week...
The stronger, faster, cooler Micah has been worth the wait...(although the 3 year old one was swell, too.)

Lydia said...

i LOVE that kid! what a fun night! I can hardly believe how much he has changed just over the last year!! love you guys!