Friday, November 20, 2009

Pilgrim Hats and Spiderman

Yesterday was Micah's last day of preschool before Thanksgiving. It is also the school's 25th anniversary as a licensed daycare facility. What better reasons to celebrate?!


The kids have been working on a few turkey/Thanksgiving songs. They started our celebration out by sharing those. The pre-K classes were Indians, and the younger classes were pilgrims. They were soooo cute.


Micah marched out with his hat falling over his eyes. He was doing his best to hold his head up so that he could see under it. It was so cute! :)
Doesn't this little smile just say, "Look at me. I'm so proud of myself, and I'm trying not to show it!"
Mrs. Summer did finally help him out with the hat just before they started singing...just for it to slide down again a few seconds later. :) And on a side note -- in that retro-ish little striped shirt and with his blonde hair covered up, I thought Micah looked so much like my brother at that age, it was just uncanny!

Joey was the perfect little brother. He clapped just as hard as the best of 'em after each song!
Each child could have only two guests. Bret was not able to come. :( But that opened up a spot for Aunt Jodi! We are so glad that she was able to come with us! (Especially since that meant that I was not corralling kids and dishing up plates in an extremely crowded room by myself!)

Here's Micah in his pilgrim hat. He was so ready to get that thing off, and he was not happy that I was insisiting on five more seconds with it on so that I could get a picture!
Micah had also made an "I'm thankful for..." necklace in class. Most of the other kids were thankful for things like their moms and dads or something sweet like that. Not Micah. He is thankful for spiderman. :) (He wouldn't look at the camera again after I had tortured him with the few extra seconds of the hat for the sake of the camera...)
I also just have to say that we're thankful to call these two front-and-center little pilgrim boys friends. Caden and Ryan did a great job, too. (And yes Ryan -- I think you knew every song! :)
Lunch was good -- Micah couldn't get enough of the ham, Joey couldn't get enough of the tea, and I'm proud to say that we didn't spill anything!!
Micah, I'm so thankful that you are getting the opportunity to be in Mrs. Summer's class this year. I'm proud of you and everything that you are learning. Thanks for being "my best, best, best three-and-a-half-year-old in the whole wide world!" I love you! Jodi, thanks for sharing with us!

post signature

4 comments:

Heidi said...

What a cutie that Micah is!! Thank you for sharing some pictures with me...I am still SO mad at myself for forgetting my camera.

Lee and Michelle said...

Love the honest answer of "I'm Thankful for Spiderman!!!" Just priceless . . .

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

What is it with little boys and smiling for the camera?... I love the hat in his eyes. Too precious!

Bonnie said...

Precious...