Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sneaky Kisses

So last night Conner had a really hard time going to sleep. This is very uncharacteristic for him, and I couldn't figure out what the problem was.

When I went in to lay down with him, he wouldn't lay next to me. He insisted on laying under the bed, with his head sticking out the side. I was tired though, and Micah wanted to cuddle with me, so I let him. A few minutes later, Micah was asleep, and Conner decided to join us on the bed -- but down at the foot of the bed about as far away from me as he could get. That's not unusual. He will often move away from me just before he actually falls asleep. So I thought we were golden. Until a few minutes later when he still wasn't asleep.

Assuming he had to be close, I told him that I was going to take a shower and would then come back to check on him. And when I did that, he was still awake. It was a while longer before he was asleep. I thought it was unusual, but didn't think much else about it...

Until...Micah made a discovery the next morning. Looking down between the footboard and the mattress, he said, "Mom, there's something down there under the bed." Sure enough, he was right. And then upon further inspection, we discovered:

Yes, it is a sizeable pile of Hershey Kisses wrappers.

It turns out that Conner knew exactly what he was doing last night!post signature

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

That is awesome!

BooBoo said...

You know, the kid may think that the only way you can eat kisses is to sneak them...think about our under-the-table (out-of-sight) kiss parties! Hmmm....(and yum!)

word verification update: "elymnali"
I'm just sure that means "Eat more kisses" in some language.

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Oh, that little toot! GREAT story!

Rachel said...

that's hilarious!!