Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Guess I'm Gonna Have To Take a Break

Summer is almost over. School starts in less than two weeks -- and with Conner starting kindergarten, that actually really means something for us this year.

And while there are parts of me that are really sad, I am so ready to have some routine back in our lives. The summer has done nothing but get more and more crazy as it has progressed, and I've fallen more and more behind on a lot of my "non-Mommy" jobs.

So as I sit here and type, looking at the clock and realizing that it is no longer Tuesday...and then put it all together that we're working on night #4 in the past week that I've been up until 3am or later working on things, well...something has got to give.

Part of the reason that I blog is to show off my kids. Part of the reason that I blog is for the community that I find here. Part of the reason that I blog is to keep some kind of journal/scrapbook thing about my kids' childhoods. But really, one of the main reasons that I blog is to keep my sanity. It helps me so much to sit down at the end of the day and reflect on what's happened, realize how funny a situation was, vent about the frustrations, process where I see God at work.

But sleep helps me keep my sanity, too. Even more than blogging. And to be honest, my blogging has suffered this summer. I haven't been able to put the time and effort into like I really want to. There have been countless things happen on countless days that I have thought, "I want to think about that more. That's what I should write about tonight." But then I'm tired, and there's something else much shorter and easier to share, and so that's what I go with...and so then it's not fulfilling one of the main purposes anyway.

And so, even though I have a folder full of pictures from Fossil Rim last week, stories about pirates and Bibles, cool ideas that I have...well, I'm gonna have to work on finding some sanity in some sleep. And maybe when things slow down a little, I can find some added sanity in my blogging.

But as fall approaches, and routine and schedules approach, so do the possibilities and probabilites of a new job (I have an interview tomorrow, another reason I should really head to bed!), and six hours of online college courses. I'm afraid life will not be slowing down, but merely changing.

So bring it! Please don't hear me complaining. I think that I've fully proven that I am flexible and adaptable, able to take on the challenge before me -- even if I don't really want to. I'm ready to stop being anxious about what lies ahead and just do it.

I'll still be around, but it will just have to be a little less frequently than usual.

Oh blogger, I miss you already...

post signature

3 comments:

Bret Wells said...

You've earned a break I think. However, please know that all of us - even those who live with you - still want the end o' the month pics and quotes.

Lee and Michelle said...

We will miss you!!! And we are praying for God's Will and the job interview - Now get some sleep!!!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I'm with you. Blogging is like killing five birds with one stone as it serves so many purposes. It brings happiness to my heart and order to my stressed mind and rest to my soul. But since I already am back in school, and Grant will be in kindergarten in 11 days, my blogging has already slowed WAY down. You just can't do it all - even if you really want to. Good luck with the interview, and sweet dreams!